42 USC 3537c - Prohibition of lump-sum payments

In providing relocation assistance in connection with any program administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Secretary may not make lump-sum payments to any displaced residential tenant, except where necessary to cover
(1) moving expenses;
(2) a downpayment on the purchase of a replacement residence, including a condominium unit or membership in a cooperative housing association; or
(3) any incidental expenses related to paragraph (1) or (2).