25 USC 305d - Referral for criminal and civil violations; complaints; recommendations

(a) The Board may receive complaints of violations of section 1159 of title 18 and refer complaints of such violations to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for appropriate investigation. After reviewing the investigation report, the Board may recommend to the Attorney General of the United States that criminal proceedings be instituted under that section.
(b) The Board may recommend that the Secretary of the Interior refer the matter to the Attorney General for civil action under section 305e of this title.