12 USC 1441a2 - Authorization for State housing finance agencies and nonprofit entities to purchase mortgage-related assets

(a) Authorization 
Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal or State law, a State housing finance authority or nonprofit entity may purchase mortgage-related assets from the Resolution Trust Corporation or from financial institutions with respect to which the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation is acting as a conservator or receiver (including assets associated with any trust business), and any contract for such purchase shall be effective in accordance with its terms without any further approval, assignment, or consent with respect to that contract.
(b) Investment requirement 
Any State housing finance authority or nonprofit entity which purchases mortgage-related assets pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall invest any net income attributable to the ownership of those assets in financing, refinancing, or rehabilitating low- and moderate-income housing within the jurisdiction of the State housing finance authority or within the geographical area served by the nonprofit entity.