What can I do if I think I was the victim of a scam by a business?

Federal and state laws prohibit "unfair or deceptive trade acts or practices." If you think you've been cheated, there are a number of things you can do:

  1. Let the appropriate government offices know. Government investigation will take some time, but they may eventually go after unscrupulous merchants. Unfortunately, government agencies are rarely able to get you your money back.
  2. If you would like your money back, your best bet is work with an attorney. If the seller or manufacturer won't make good, you must sue within one to four years of when you discovered the scam, depending on your state's laws.

Ask an Attorney

Feel free to ask a legal questions that you would like answered. Your question will go directly and only to Deskin Law Firm, a professional law corporation. Deskin Law Firm will contact you directly to discuss your situation, usually via telephone, so please provide multiple ways to reach you via phone. Your situation will be kept confidential. There is no cost to discuss your situation and no attorney-client relationship is created by simply filling out the form and sending it.

Please type your first and last name.

Please type your area code and phone number.

To most effectively be able to reach you, please type another phone number where we may be able to reach you.

Please type the city and state (and country if outside the USA) that you live in.

Please type your email address and check it to make sure it is correct.

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
6 + 5 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.