Assistant attorney general, State of Washington, 1953-1954
Deputy prosecutor, King County, Washington, 1955-1959, 1960-1962
Private practice, Seattle, Washington, 1959-1960, 1962-1965
Judge, King County [Washington] Northeast District Court, 1965-1975
Judge, Superior Court of the State of Washington, King County, 1976-1980
Justice, Supreme Court of the State of Washington, 1981-1985
The University of Washington School of Law, located in Seattle, was first organized in 1899 and is fully accredited. The current law building, William H. Gates Hall, was completed and occupied in September of 2003 and is located on the Northwest corner of the main University campus. The building houses classrooms, student lounge, a coffee/snack kiosk, locker areas, the Marian Gould Gallagher Law Library, and offices for faculty, administration, and student organizations. Financial aid, registration, and career service functions are run primarily as in-house operations. The building itself is fully accessible to persons in wheelchairs and is equipped with braille identifiers. William H. Gates Hall is a designated non-smoking area.